Official Britney Sites: BritneySpears.comBritney.comBritney's Myspace

Monday, October 15, 2007

What Are You Doing To Promote?


Let's face it. About 90% of the album is already leaked online. A lot of fans have already fell in love with Britney's new songs and many of them, at the same time, are worried that this will disrupt sales on October 30th.


Well, let's look at the reality of the matter. The songs won't go away and people won't stop listening. So, what can we do in this situation?-- We can use this leak to our advantage. In the past couple of days since the major leak, I've been playing some of the tracks in my room as loudly as I could--just to get my family & friends' attention. I would play them and play them until finally they'd ask, "who's song is this?" And of course, as soon as I tell them, their facial reaction is priceless (them listening to Let Go and State Of Grace). They literally ask "That's Britney Spears?" And as soon as that's said, it immediately opens an opprotunity for me to promote Blackout.

I know those particular songs aren't exactly on the album, (which I have no idea as to why)--but, at least it gives them a preview, in a sense, as to how Britney has matured in sound, voice, and song.

Along with those songs, I also played a couple of her dance tracks like Break The Ice & some mellow songs such as Sugarfall & Outta This World. I really tried to show off the range & uniqueness of Britney's voice-- And, as a result, all of these songs together, won over three or four of my cousins, my brother's girlfriend, and a couple of my friends. The idea was to show them her true artistry-- I didn't have any tricks up my sleeve or any eye-popping promotional tools. I let them know the good (the songs), the bad (the Gimmie More video), and the ugly (showed them her Blackout album cover). Why you ask? Just so that they're aware of her strengths and weaknesses on this album.

To my surprise, they're all planning to buy the album now. And let me tell you before hand--they're not exactly fans. That alone shows me how good these songs are.

Do your part as a fan. Let your friends listen to--not all--but some of the tracks. Post positive news on your myspace blogs or bulletins. Show these people her struggle in an informed way--and, try your best to get them to buy Blackout.

No comments: