Official Britney Sites: BritneySpears.comBritney.comBritney's Myspace

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

So, Like Many Other Britney Fans..

The following blog entry came from my myspace page and was written around September. I though I'd repost it.

..I was asked, "Why do you still defend her—Or even like her, for that matter?"



There's really no straight answer to that question. I really don't know why or how I became captivated by her in the first place. So, that got me thinking. Why DO I like Britney Spears so much?


And.. I thought about it. Honestly, besides the catchy songs (and they are catchy), her ability to perform, and her amazing looks-- laid something else. I can't quite put my finger on it. But it's there. She's someone I grew up watching and listening to. She came out with "..Baby One More Time" when I was 12 years old! I'm turning 21 this year and coincidentally, it's in the month she plans to release her 4 year, long-awaited fifth studio album, Blackout.

Now, I wasn't a fan during her first two albums, but I was still well aware of her and I didn't find the need to join in with the haters.
Instead, by the time her third album came out, I decided to join the fan base (I guess you can say) and find her strengths. Because really-- there was no reason to hate on this woman. I may not know her personally, but I do know that I myself wouldn't want to feel persecuted after working hard and accomplishing my goals & dreams.

People seem to forget that this girl started working and singing and performing since she was about 8 or 9 years old. Not at some small event or in someone's backyard-- but on Broadway of all places! The rest is history from there. And trust me, we all know her history in the business. There's too much coverage on every channel/blog/website/radio station for you not to know something about her life.
She's the American dream. And don't get me started on listing accolades & awards, because It would take too much time.


It's sad really, I think. We were the ones who brought her up and (in the past year) managed to tear her down and around all sorts of places. One year we were calling her the good parent, this year we're calling her an unfit one. Six years ago she was too skinny and setting a bad example to young girls, this year she's too fat. Back when her hair, skin, and body looked absolutely perfect, people assumed her to be superficial/fake-- but when she shaves her head, those same people are quick to judge her beauty.



Who's really the f*ked up ones here?

Why do I like Britney Spears? ..Are you kidding!?


Because she makes headlines without having to lift a single finger.
Because she's the most interesting person in the world-- don't agree? Look all over the news and the internet.
Because she could dress like shit everyday and never care what anyone else thinks.
Because she shaved her head and attacked a car with an umbrella which is badass.
Because she forgot to wear underwear a couple of times.
Because she's the most hated artist.
Because she's one of the most loved artists.
Because she's a single mother of two trying hard not to give into everyone else's criticism.
Because she dumped that dumbass, Kevin.
Because she can eat like a woman should eat.
Because she smokes and drinks just like the rest of us 20-25 year-olds do.
Because when she's pissed off, you'll know.
Because when she's photographed smiling, it's the rarest beauty you'll ever see.
Because she's just as crazy as I am.

Because she makes just as many mistakes as I do.



Because, when you or I think about it.. She's just like the rest of us.


And that's why I still like her. Bitches.

Written By: Kyle (September 12, 2007)






No comments: